Sunday, February 19, 2006

My sadhu time



My sadhu time
.....................
The sadhu maharaj was there on the dias.The hall was crowded. All bhaktas were on the durri which was spread in front of the dias.There were kitsch pictures of Krishna,Ram & Sita,hanuman in the back.Low key ramdhun could be heard from a distance.I entered the hall and took my seat in the back.The low key kirtan with the incense burning at strategic corners created a mesmeric atmosphere. People were whispering there was no loud talk. All eyes were fixed on the sadhuji as though a miracle was going to be performed. There was an atmosphere of great expectation.I leaned side ways and whispered to my neighbour,"What is going to happen?" "Levitation", he replied benovalently. I was quite excited as I have watched in TV the magician David Blain levitate in the streets of New York. I eagerly waited.The ramdhun was being sung in a faster mode,all the devotees closed their eyes and raised their hands.I could not follow how these people would watch levitation with closed eyes.I thought to myself "Is it that in our mental screen we have to imagine sadhuji is levitating.Be it then." I also closed my eyes and raised my hands. Suddenly I felt as though I was holding a bar in my hand and I was being pulled up.Oh my god this was a reverse process we were levtating.I must have risen to a height of a foot or so above the ground when my cell phone started ringing.I forgot to put that on silent mode.I huriedly reached for my cell phone in my pant pocket and released that invisible bar.I fell with a thud.I was lying on the floor of my bedroom and the alarm clock was ringing,it was morning ,but the dream was so real.

2 comments:

Shambhu Dutt said...

Mismerising story. Did not appear to be a dream the last line.

samaranand's take said...

thanks dear.