Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Twitter, the new force



Twitter , the new force
.........................................




The other day i watched the movie Chef where the lead character played by Jon Fabreau's career of Chef got ruined by adverse comment written by a food critic in Twitter......later on with the help of his 10 years old son he gets his Twitter handle and watches how his son starts putting him in the virtual world when he starts operating a food truck....because of his son's posting he becomes a hit and people starts crowding wherever his truck goes....
I had first hand experience of the power of Twitter. Last year i had gone to Taki with my family and relatives. As usual i was taking pictures and videos by my mobile camera. Many of my apps with auto uploading were on...like Flickr,Google photo etc. After about 10 hours or so my data service stopped and next day my mobile service stopped....i received a message from Vodafone informing me that my bill has run up to 45,000 as i was on international roaming whereas i had spent 20 hours or so in Taki which is in Bengal....then i realised that as Taki is in Bangladesh border so Vodafone service of that country overlapped and so the international charge....when i rang up customer service then they asked me to pay half the amount that is 22,000 to resume services. I wrote to appellate and got the same reply of paying up the amount...then me and my friend Raja Mitra started Twitter war quoting the correspondences and the technical fallacy of virtual border of the service provider...my son Anish Roy and my nephews Monish Roy Sumit Roy Aviraj Chatterjee etc joined in and retweeted to Vodafone.... within a day i started getting ring from the service provider, they resumed my services next day and the whole thing they settled at 5,000 ....this is a major battle i fought...there are some minor ones with Samsung,BSNL etc too i used Twitter to resolve....
So friends this is the new force to ruin a man or a company if negative things starts trawling...disgruntled employees, vendors, customers etc are more and more taking to twitter to hit......it is good to have more virtual friends to back you up in case of such need........now GOI has Twitter handle for all ministries and PSUs so higher officers of PSUs have become vulnerable to these complaints...i have used for complaining against BSNL to the CMD and the minister...I was to write this piece long back but did not, certain happening with BHEL  recently compelled me to share my experience of Twitter and it's impact......

No comments: