Monday, February 15, 2016

Snore Signal

I Know That I Snore, It Is Proven ( Real Incidence)



I woke up with a start in the dead of the night, felt as though someone was there in my bed room. The room was semi dark with the moon light filtering in through the skylight. I was not fully awake but the sensation of someone there in the bedroom was playing in my mind and I fell asleep again.
I got up in the morning and freshened up. As my wife was away to her parent’s house in Haldia, I was alone in my quarter. I prepared tea and breakfast.
This happened in Barauni refinery. The previous night I had slept late so got up late after that eerie experience of feeling someone was there in my bed room. As usual I opened the outer door and found the newspaper tucked on the outside handle of the door .
Indian newspaper of any region gives priority to political news unless otherwise some natural calamity had happened. Those were the days of Jayprakash Narain movement and Bihar was the hot bed. As TV was yet to come so it was left to newspaper or pan shop gossip to cater the latest news, people seldom believed government controlled radio.
I was busy reading newspaper in my drawing room when I heard some commotion outside the gate of my bungalow.
“Mr. Roy” someone called out my name.
I went out and saw there was a policeman with a sturdy guy handcuffed and lot of curious crowd around.
“Yes, what is this all about?” I enquired curiously.
“Sir, this thief tells that last night he entered your bed room through the skylight.”
I looked at the skylight of my bedroom; it was visible from the outside gate.
“No it is not possible for him to wriggle through the skylight and also nothing has been stolen from my house.”
Then I looked at the thief and asked, “When did you enter my bedroom?”
“In the midnight I entered your bed room through that skylight and went near your dressing table. You were in deep sleep. I took your money bag but suddenly I found that you have woken up so I dived below your bed with the money bag.”
“Then?”
“I waited for you to fall asleep; I left the money bag below your bed and went out of the skylight after sometimes.”
I remembered to have found my money bag below my bed that day but nothing was missing from that bag. Any way those days there was hardly anything important in my money bag like credit card, PAN card, club card etc which are integral part of my money bag now.
Then I realized that the strange feeling of last night as though someone else was there in the bed room was true. The unconscious mind must have registered a signal of alien body near me and that premonition woke me up.
I started getting goose pimples then. Keeping an outward cool I said to the police, “Where did you catch him?”
“After unsuccessful attempt in your house he went to Mr. Tandon’s house through the same skylight. His wife is away. Mr.Tandon found him opening the steel almirah with a screw driver. When challenged he hid himself in the bathroom. Then Mr. Tandon locked him in and shouted for help. Thus he was captured.”
“Well I have no charges to press against him as nothing is stolen,” I said absentmindedly to the police man. I was totally unnerved, thanked god that nothing serious had happened to me that night. I replayed the incidence in my mind. There I was in deep sleep and the thief stealthily entered my bed room through the skylight. He told that he put his head first through the bars of the skylight and then the rest of the body. He looked at me with the screw driver and all other instruments in his pocket. He might have chuckled to himself seeing me sleeping helplessly on the bed. He went to the dressing table looking for the key of the Godrej cupboard but he found my money bag on the dressing table. Suddenly he could feel me waking up with my eyes half closed. His nerve cracked, he dived below the bed with the money bag. I was slowly falling back to sleep and that thief was waiting below my bed; he might be lying on his back. Me slowly falling in sleep and he widely awake waiting below the bed for me to fall in sleep. How did he know I fell in sleep, I guess he must have heard me snoring. Well that is it. When he was near the dressing table then he got the signal that I was awake because my snoring stopped. The sound of my snoring has been used as signal by that rascal to plan his actions.
The above incidence conclusively proved that I do snore but friends I keep on contesting this fact whenever my wife points this out to me...so please keep this secret between you and me..cheers

2 comments:

G G Subhedar said...

Another interesting read, As usual, compulsive. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Lovely!