Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Circle of life

I was born in Allahabad and spent my childhood there till the age of 4. So i have to take a deep dive in my ocean of memories to pickup the relevant gems which were a part of my growing up. Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different? Childhood = No problems in life. A throwback to better times and even better memories. The sad part is that the place and surrounding of that place is completly oblitetred.Now so easily we capture everything in our mobile but camera was a rare item then so hardly any pictures of the sprawling house is available. Well somehow i could reproduce the layouts using my some incidenes of the past as a vehicle of travelling back in time. While composing it i could hear the echo of my grandmother's shout from the courtyard to me that food was ready. At that moment i would be spending some adda time with my cousine brother and sister who were older than me. Till i was in class 8 we would be going to Allahabad every alternate year in summer. While i was in IIT,Kharagpur during summer time i would break my journey for 4/5 day at Allahabad and then proceed for Delhi. That continued till 1964. The photo of the crumbling house was taken sometimes in late nineties when i paid visit to my oldest aunt and cousin sisters who were alive then. Now i don't visit Allahabad as all my those relatives who had seen me as a kid are no more, i can't relate with the present edifice, it appears as though a bad eraser has been used to rub off the picture.

4 comments:

G G Subhedar said...

You have taken me through your childhood so closely that I started recollecting my own as well.
Powerful narration.

samaranand's take said...

thanks dear for your observation.

Abhijit Banerjee said...

The Virtual Story Teller, while taking us through his childhood memories, opened the gates of our childhood too.

Ruminating through our childhood days I feel that now a days I am missing the vast openness and being in the lap of mother nature I used to enjoy in our childhood. I think most of my generation might be feeling that way.

samaranand's take said...

Thanks dear for visiting my blog space. You have rightly pointed out what we are missing now compared to what we had during our growing up days !