Sunday, January 17, 2016

Electron phans gaya tha. एलेक्ट्रोन फंस गया था

Electron phans gaya tha
…………………………………
The electronic equipment of modern age has its own mind. We feel the switch is in our hand forgetting that coming to life is in the mood of the gadget. The behavior of mobile, phablets, tablets cannot be taken for granted.  The other day I got a ring in my mobile and then it stopped. It was a known number so I gave a call back to him, he said, “ Sorry I did not call, but something is wrong with my mobile it suddenly calls on its own and it is mostly the last number called.”
All of us who have mobile know that suddenly everything freezes, then it won’t work, so take out the battery , put the battery back and hey presto…it starts working normally as though giving us warning that ," Don’t treat me lightly, I have my moods.”

In an army establishment it so happened that the wireless set was not working. It was those days when wireless was supposed to be the ultimate in electronics. The army engineers were struggling to make that work. It won’t budge, no statics at all. A sardarji jawan who had handled this equipment in field was called. He fiddled with the knobs, no sir….it would not work. He got frustrated and gave it a kick….lo behold it started working. The jawan nonchalantly looked at all the bystanders who were awed by the miracle. They asked, “How did it work?” He replied,” It is nothing who ek electron phas gaya tha, lath mara who nikal gaya.” Saying that he walked off.
I think that electron theory still holds. I had this problem with my Samsung Note 2 on 15th January, Neither i could charge it nor it could be switched on. It was dead for all practical purposes. I did all the drill of taking out battery, sim etc and then putting those back. It still did not work.On 16th January I sent it to Samsung service center on Loudon Street for diagnosis . I was told it’s motherboard has damaged and I have to pay Rs.10,500 for replacement as per their claim number 351064521770. I decided not to get it repaired instead go for a new one. Was doing some research for the brand, got advise from my son Anish and nephew Monish. Was about to go for on line purchase but remembering “ the prophetic electron theory” so I opened the mobile took out the battery,put my sim card back and hooked up the mobile for charging through my computer…..surprise of surprise….the indication light came on for charging which was not coming since yesterday…allowed it to get charged up to 5% and made a few calls…all fine so far…so the electron theory still holds….all of us slap the remote a number of times when it does not work even after removing the cover and replacing the battery…yes you guessed it right it is the ubiquitous “electron” is the culprit....it suddenly chokes the system....

Disclaimer: This is written in a lighter vein about a common problem of electronic gadgets which require booting and rebooting repeatedly.


 

1 comment:

G G Subhedar said...

Patience is tested. Debugging is common in software. But, the Samsung service centre should have tried it. Rather than giving a challan for replacing.
I think, it will be a good idea to post this experience in a serious vein (not in lighter vein) to Samsung KOREA so that their Service centres will get a nice kick of Sardarji.