Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Sourcing of crowd

Sourcing of crowd
…………………………
The idea is to take work and outsource it to a crowd of workers. Well that is the classic definition of crowdsourcing. The irony is  India which is thickly populated country but still enough crowd is not there when you really need them.
Remember in the film Chaudvin  ka chand or is it Barsat ki Raat where Johny Walker is a shire but he would not get any listener to appreciate his sher so he would say ,” Come to my house for my latest sher, oh! There are snacks too!” Well the snacks would be incentive enough to draw a crowd.
I was President of an electrical society for two years, after my retirement. Amitabh my old colleague and others organized good lectures on latest topics but with great difficulty could fill the front 4 rows of the hall. At the end of my tenure of two years on the last day it was my turn to give a “ good bye” lecture, having learnt the trick from the film Chaudvin ka Chand I organized a sumptuous snacks from one of the popular outlets of Kolkata, “Gangaur” and it was quietly informed to all concerned about the food packet . The hall was nearly full and packets were regulated by my friend Gyana and my driver Gopal.
In Delhi I know a guy called Ravindra Mohan who informed me that on a short notice he can organize a crowd of 150 any day.
Now supposing I want to launch myself as Guru Samaranand then I have to hire a hall put on Geruwa attire and ask Ravindra Mohan to supply crowd, put up a banner with miracles performed by me. In India a crowd works like a magnet, the onlookers will get attracted by the crowd and will curiously follow the crowd in the hall. My chelas in Geruwa who are again hired will be chanting some bhajan which actually is a recorded one. Now me sitting on the stage will call one from the crowd and perform a magic which as most of you know I am perfecting. It could be with vanishing water trick or one of my magnetic tricks. My hired crowd would clap by the miracle, the onlookers will get hooked. I will pick up any topic randomly and will give a lecture by stringing that topic with some mythological event or some past event from my stock of stories.
Now I have the attention of the audience so can carry on the charade next day too. The crowd will swell because by this time by word of mouth the miracles performed by me and worldly prabachan has spread because my people have gone round to all nearby pan shops,tea vendors etc and discussed about my divine power. On the third day I perform a few more tricks and my people come to the dais and thank me for healing them of some imaginary disease. In the meanwhile the stall outside is selling the healing medicines, people are giving money in the hundi kept by the side of the stage. By the way I have kept the local constable in loop. Initially I may not make much money as I have to pay to some journalists in vernacular papers to write about me also have to fix up some local TV channels for some live telecast. Before starting the endeavor I have already honed my gift for gab and also brushed up my knowledge of Ramayan and Maha Bharat. Initially I have to spend money to launch me, looking at the reaction I will launch a trust when as you all know the process of converting black to white for all those rich devotees will start. The hundi will come handy for taking care of unaccounted money. My trust will gradually start producing healing medicines from common herbs; here I will go for crowdsourcing. As I will be located in semi urban area with the help of local leaders so will utilize the panchayat to distribute the production work among the villagers. It is a win win situation with villagers as part of my devotees and propagators also they earn on the go. Getting formula will not be difficult with mushrooming Ayurvedic products coming up I have to only hijack one of those chemists working in those spurious setups.
I got the above idea when I was going on gabbing with the local tuk tuk drivers at Taki and a small crowd had gathered around me. Then I told my nephew Shuvo ,” look if I want I can start preaching by putting a geruwa dhoti by keeping beard. Look at these people; they are ignorant about outside world. Whatever I was sharing with them they were gulping those down literarily.”

This article is soft launch of guru Samaranand.

Here is a sample of miracle

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Best of luck sir.

samaranand's take said...

Thanks Sardana,require lot of those.

WorldOfArunava said...

Sir, I will hand over my application to you asap for "chela post"..... no biz like this one truly :p

WorldOfArunava said...

Sir, I will hand over my application to you asap for "chela post"..... no biz like this one truly :p